Personal data I collect
This website is committed to safeguarding your privacy. Contact me at if you have any questions or problems regarding the use of your Personal Data and I will gladly assist you.
Interpretation And Definitions
The following definitions shall have the same meaning regardless of whether they appear in singular or in plural. The words of which the initial letter is capitalized have meanings defined under the following conditions.
- Website – refers to Lucie Barluet de Beauchesne website, accessible from luciebarluetdebeauchesne.
- Service – refers to the Website.
- You (either capitalized or not) – means the individual accessing or using the Service or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Service, as applicable. Under GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation), you can be referred to as the Data Subject or as the User as you are the individual using the Service. You can read more about the GDPR following this link.
- Data Subject – a natural person whose Personal Data is being Processed.
- User – an individual – including intelligent programs – that uses my Service.
- I/me/wy (either capitalized or not) – refers to me, Lucie Barluet de Beauchesne
- Personal Data – any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. For the purposes of the GDPR, Personal Data means any information relating to you such as a name, an identification number, location data, online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity.
- Data Controller – for the purposes of the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation), the Data Controller refers to Lucie Barluet de Beauchesne as the legal person who alone or jointly with others determines the purposes and means of the processing of Personal Data.
- Processing – any operation or set of operations which is performed on Personal Data or on sets of Personal Data.
- Cookies – are small files that are placed on your computer, mobile device or any other device by a website, containing the details of your browsing history on that website among its many uses.
- Device – means any device that can access the Service such as a computer, a cell phone or a digital tablet.
- Usage Data – refers to data collected automatically, either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
- Affiliate – an entity that controls, is controlled by or is under common control with a party, where “control” means ownership of 50% or more of the shares, equity interest or other securities entitled to vote for election of directors or other managing authority.
- Child – a natural person under 16 years of age.
- Service Provider – any natural or legal person who processes the data on my behalf. It refers to third-party companies or individuals I employed to facilitate the Service, to provide the Service on my behalf, to perform services related to the Service or to assist me in analysing how the Service is used.
For the purpose of the GDPR, Service Providers are considered Data Processors.
Data I Gather
Information you have provided me with
This is your name, email address, and the messages you may send me via my Contact Form. I save this information to contact you and answer to your messages.
Information automatically collected about you
I collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit my Service or when you access the Service by or through a mobile device. Usage Data may include information such as your Device’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of my Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data. This information is used to improve my Service as well as user experience. For example, it may help me getting feedback on the number of visits on my Website.
Information from my partners
I do not gather information from any partners about you.
Publicly available information
I do not gather information about you that are publicly available.
How I Use Your Personal Data
While using my Service, I may ask you to provide me with certain personally identifiable information. I use your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To provide and maintain my Service, including to monitor the usage of my Service;
- To improve my Service;
- To contact you by email regarding updates or informative communications related to the functionalities or contracted services, including the security updates when necessary or reasonable for their implementation;
- To attend and manage your requests to me, mostly by answering to your messages after using the Contact Form;
Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- First name and last name;
- Email address;
- Messages that will be sent to me by using the Contact Form;
I use your Personal Data on legitimate grounds and/or with your consent. You can fully accept, reject all, or choose some specific Cookies in the Cookies Manager that pops up when you first visit my Website.
I might process your Personal Data for additional purposes that are not mentioned here but are compatible with the original purpose for which the data was gathered. To do this, we will ensure that:
- The link between purposes, context and nature of Personal Data is suitable for further Processing
- The further processing would not harm your interests
- There would be appropriate safeguard for processing
I may share your personal information in the following situations:
- With Service Providers: we may share your personal information with Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of my Service and to contact you (e.g. the web hosting service o2switch and the website-security company, Cloudflare, providing me with a Content Delivery Network to improve the performance of my Website).
- With other users: when you share personal information or otherwise interact in the public areas with other users, such information may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside.
I will inform you of any further processing and purposes.
Cookies And Other Technologies I Use
A cookie is a tiny text file stored on your computer. Cookies store information that is used to help make sites work properly. You can control your Cookies at the browser level, or instruct your browser to refuse all Cookies or to indicate when a Cookie is being sent. Also, you can fully accept, reject all, or choose some specific Cookies in the Cookies Manager window that pops up when you first visit my Website. However, if you do not accept some Cookies, you may not be able to use some parts of my Service.
Cookies can be “Persistent” or “Session” Cookies. Persistent Cookies remain on your personal computer or mobile device when you go offline, while Session Cookies are deleted as soon as you close your web browser.
Necessary/Essential Cookies (Session Cookies) – these Cookies are required for you to be able to use some important features on my Website. Without these Cookies, the services that you have asked for cannot be provided, and I only use these Cookies to provide you with those services. These Cookies don’t collect any personal information.
Functionality Cookies (Persistent Cookies) – these Cookies allow me to remember choices you make when you use the Website. For example, they might remember your name and e-mail in comment forms, so you don’t have to re-enter this information next time when contacting me. These Cookies provide functionality that makes using my Service more convenient and improve user experience.
- I do not use such Cookies on my Website, but you could check in the settings of your web browser if autofill is allowed.
Analytics cookies (Session or Persistent Cookies) – these Cookies are used to track the use and performance of my Website and Service.
- _ga, _gali, _gat, _gid: these Cookies are set by Google via Google Analytics service. They are used to measure traffic and collect information about how visitors use my website. This information is used to compile statistical reports to help me better understanding my users’ behaviours and improve the website. A number is randomly assigned to each visitor to identify them while collecting information anonymously. Information collected include the number of visitors, their locations and the pages they visit. Initiator: Webserver; Source: analytics.google; Data is sent to: USA. You can know more about Google Policy following this link.
You can remove Cookies stored in your computer via your browser settings:
Alternatively, you can control some 3rd party cookies by using a privacy enhancement platform such as optout.aboutads or youronlinechoices. You can also opt-out of analysis by Google Analytics on my website and other websites by using Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on. For more information about cookies, visit allaboutcookies.
Data Protection Principles
I promise to follow the following data protection principles:
- Processing is lawful, fair, transparent. My Processing activities have lawful grounds. I always consider your rights before Processing Personal Data. I will provide you information regarding Processing upon request.
- Processing is limited to the purpose. My Processing activities fit the purpose for which Personal Data was gathered.
- Processing is done with minimal data. I only gather and Process the minimal amount of Personal Data required for any purpose.
- Processing is limited with a time period. I will not store your personal data for longer than needed.
- I will do my best to ensure the accuracy of data.
- I will do my best to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of data.
Legal Basis For Processing Personal Data Under GDPR
- Consent: you have given your consent for Processing Personal Data for one or more specific purposes.
- Performance of a contract: provision of Personal Data is necessary for the performance of an agreement with you and/or for any pre-contractual obligations thereof.
- Legal obligations: Processing Personal Data is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which I am subject.
- Vital interests: Processing Personal Data is necessary in order to protect your vital interests or of another natural person.
- Public interests: Processing Personal Data is related to a task that is carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in me.
- Legitimate interests: Processing Personal Data is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests I pursue.
In any case, I will gladly help to clarify the specific legal basis that applies to the processing, and in particular whether the provision of Personal Data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract. For any inquiries, you can contact me.
Users' Rights Under GDPR
I undertake to respect the confidentiality of your Personal Data and to guarantee you can exercise your rights.
- Right to information – meaning you have the right to know whether your Personal Data is being processed; what data is gathered, from where it is obtained and why and by whom it is processed.
- Right to access – meaning you have the right to access the data collected from/about you. This includes your right to request and obtain a copy of your Personal Data gathered.
- Right to rectification – meaning you have the right to request rectification or erasure of your Personal Data that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erasure – meaning in certain circumstances you can request for your Personal Data to be erased from my records.
- Right to restrict processing – meaning where certain conditions apply, you have the right to restrict the Processing of your Personal Data.
- Right to object to processing – meaning in certain cases you have the right to object to Processing of your Personal Data, for example in the case of direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated Processing – meaning you have the right to object to automated Processing, including profiling, and not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated Processing. You can exercise this right whenever there is an outcome of the profiling that produces legal effects concerning or significantly affecting you.
- Right to data portability – you have the right to obtain your Personal Data in a machine-readable format or, if it is feasible, as a direct transfer from one Processor to another.
- Right to lodge a complaint – if we refuse your request under the Rights of Access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. If you are not satisfied with the way your request has been handled, please contact me.
- Right for the help of supervisory authority – meaning you have the right for the help of a supervisory authority and the right for other legal remedies such as claiming damages.
- Right to withdraw consent – meaning you have the right to withdraw any given consent for Processing of your Personal Data.
Exercising Of Your GDPR Data Protection Rights
Your Personal Data is processed in accordance with Article 6, 1, a) of the General Data Protection Regulation. You may exercise your rights of access, rectification, cancellation and opposition by contacting me. Please note that I may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests. If you make a request, I will try my best to respond to you as soon as possible.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about my collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, if you are in the European Economic Area (EEA), please contact your local data protection authority in the EEA.
Sharing Of Your Personal Data with Third Parties
Some of your data is stored and processed by the services I use to maintain this Website.
- o2switch: my web hosting service that stores and monitors activity on the Website (e.g. traffic, security threats, messages, etc.). You can know more about o2switch following this link.
- CloudFlare: the website-security services I use which provides me with a Content Delivery Network to improve the performance and security of my Website. To learn more about Content Delivery Networks, you can visit this page. You can know more about CloudFlare following this link.
- Google Analytics: Google Analytics is Google’s own web and traffic analytics tool. It is used to know more about how my visitors visits my website, get feedback on popular content and check whether or not visitors return to the website. You can know more about Google Policy on this page.
Your Personal Data is processed in accordance with Article 6, 1, a) of the General Data Protection Regulation you can read on this page.
Security Of Your Personal Data
I do my best to keep your Personal Data safe. I use safe protocols for communication and transferring data (such as HTTPS). I use anonymising and pseudonymising where suitable and regularly monitor my systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks.
Even though I try my best, please notice no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. However, I promise to notify suitable authorities of data breaches. I will also notify you if there is a threat to your rights or interests. I will do everything I reasonably can to prevent security breaches and to assist authorities should any breaches occur.
Whenever you use an user account on the internet, please note that you must keep your username and password secret.
Retention Of Your Personal Data
I also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of my Service, or I am legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Transfer Of Your Personal Data
My Website is hosted by o2switch company which is located at the following address: 222-224 Boulevard Gustave Flaubert, 63000 Clermont-Ferrand, FRANCE; Telephone: 04 44 44 60 40.
Disclosure Of Your Personal Data
Under certain circumstances, I may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Other legal requirements
I may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with a legal obligation
- Protect and defend my rights and property
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- Protect the personal safety of Data Subject of the Service or the public
- Protect against legal liability
Links To Other Websites
I have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
I do not intend to collect or knowingly collect information from children. I do not target children with my services.
My Contact Information
Last modifications were made on the 1st of April 2022.